The advancement in technology has changed the dimensions of today’s business environment. The cutting-edge integrations including Shopify Amazon Integration are gaining wide recognition these days. Such integration facilitates selling of your products on multiple sales channels without much difficulty. With these, managing multiple product listings and inventories becomes much easier.
Now, you may think that does Shopify integrate with Amazon? Yes, they both integration and the sync between the two platforms carried out in following manner. With the managed integration you can easily manage and sell your Shopify products on any of the Amazon marketplaces. Also, you will be able to minimize the issues related to order fulfillment, payment processing, and post-purchase assistance.
What you need for Shopify Amazon Integration
You need to take some important requirements into consideration before integrating Shopify with Amazon. They are:
- You must own a Shopify account. Then, visit your Shopify and provide your email address to start the integration process. Also, ensure that your web-store is unique and all the products are placed in their respective categories. At the same time you should have account on Amazon as well
- Amazon offers two types of accounts for its sellers – professional seller account and personal seller account. Among these two, you should prefer the first one as it charges lesser in comparison to another one.
- Make sure that you are subscribed to the Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) for shipping and delivering your products. Further, ensure that both Amazon and Shopify supports similar currency. For example, assume your Amazon web-store supports dollars for the payment. Then, your Shopify web-store must also support payment in dollars only.
- Purchase unique UPCs (Universal Product Codes) for all your products for smooth integration. Besides, make sure that the product inventory levels on the Shopify web-store are depicting the real-time values.
How to integrate Amazon with Shopify?
The integration of Amazon and Shopify always works great. Let’s try to learn how to integrate Amazon with Shopify with the help of the below-mentioned steps.
These steps assist you in setting up the process, creating the listing, and integrating Amazon with Shopify.
Step 1: Creating an Amazon Professional Seller Account
You must own an active professional seller account to sell any kind of product or service on Amazon. In case, if you have not subscribed to it till now, then visit the page “services.amazon.com” and click on the “Start Selling” button.
Go to the “sellercentral.amazon.com” and click on the button “Register Now” or “Selling on Amazon”. Provide all the necessary information like your name, region, phone number, email, and types of products/services that you wish to sell on Amazon.
Now, visit Amazon’s home page and scroll down until you find the section named “Make Money with Us”. Click on the “Sell on Amazon” option and subscribe to the professional seller plan. But, don’t forget to keep the following details with you during this process.
- Your business name and contact information
- Active bank account and credit card information
- Tax information and Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
Step 2: Confirm the Category Approval
Once you create the professional seller account, you must confirm whether your products have been approved for selling or not. If not, then you need to contact the Amazon Customer Service and do the needful to get the approval.
Step 3: Integrate your Shopify with Amazon
Log in to Shopify after setting the Amazon Professional Seller Account. Click on the button with the “+” sign available in the section named “Sales Channel”. Immediately, a new window will get displayed with the title “Add Sales Channel”. Now, click on the “Learn More” button present next to the “Amazon by Shopify” option.
Again, you will get a new window, titled “Amazon details” along with the “Add Channel” button. You get one more window when you click on this button. In that window pleases click on the button “Connect to Amazon” for adding your Amazon sales channel to your Shopify.
Now, continue with the following steps to exchange crucial information between both platforms – Amazon and Shopify.
Step 4: Keep Universal Product Codes (UPCs)
To create new product pages and product listings, you must enter any product identifier (for example, UPC, ISBN, or EAN) to complete the page/listing. Otherwise, an error message will be displayed. In case you are reselling your products then you can make use of the UPCs that have been purchased earlier for selling these products.
Most of the time, knowingly or unknowingly, you tend to purchase a recycled UPC from the dubious seller offered at a lower price. When you use this UPC, Amazon thinks you are a fraudulent seller and suspends your selling account.
Therefore, make sure that you purchase a UPC from an authorized GS1 reseller for your product. Also, keep in mind that you don’t need a UPC if your firm is registered under the Amazon Brand Registry program.
Step 5: Create listing for your Amazon products
You can skip this step if you are currently selling your products on Amazon and have your products placed in the appropriate categories. In case you are a new seller then build product listings by using Shopify. Besides, even if your products are not placed in the appropriate categories, then also you can create new product listings and include them in your Shopify store.
Choose the Amazon Sales Channel that has been recently installed and navigate to Amazon -> Create Listing.
Explore your Shopify catalog and pick the product that you wish to list on Amazon. Then, click on the “Select Product” button. Also, you need to specify that whether this product is manufactured by you, or else you are reselling another manufacturer’s product.
Select the “Create Listing” option if the product is manufactured by you. Otherwise, click on the “Find Product” option if you are reselling the product and search the product to check whether it is already listed on Amazon or not. You will get a sizable list of similar products. Choose the product of your preference and link it to your Amazon product listing.
In case, you are unable to find your preferred product then you can create a new product listing. Provide all the important information on your product listing page and make the page live on Amazon.
Step 6: Link existing Amazon product listing to Shopify
If you are an existing seller, then you need not worry about this thing as the Shopify facilitates direct linking of your product listings on Amazon. On the contrary, you must create new product listings on Amazon and then link them to your Shopify.
You will be able to find your current Amazon product listings linked with your Professional Seller Account on the page titled “Amazon Listings” in Shopify. But, you will be unable to view your product listings on this page if you have been registered under the Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) and Amazon SFP (Seller Fulfilled Prime).
Now, start to link the products by clicking on the “Link Products” option. Browse the product lists and select the product that you want to sell on your Shopify. Once you choose, you will be allowed to handle all the inventory settings in two ways, either manually or by using Shopify.
In case you prefer to handle manually, then Shopify will synchronize all the crucial information associated with your Amazon inventory. Here, you will be given three options, out of which, you need to choose one.
- Allow Shopify to track your inventory
- Prohibit Shopify from tracking your inventory
- Permits your Shopify customers to buy your product even though it is out of stock
In the two last cases, Shopify sets up your inventory levels to a predefined number. Because, Amazon does not support setting up the inventory levels as an unlimited quantity.
Assume that, the Shopify sets up your inventory level at 100 (the total number of products is 100). This inventory level reduces, whenever, a product gets sold. This setting up of inventory level eventually assumes more significance, as Shopify sets up your inventory level to 100 on the Amazon Seller Central account.
Step 7: Setting payment options
If you are opting for the Shopify-supported payment methods then you must provide all the necessary information related to your bank account. You will receive all the payments associated with your sold-products into this bank account. Therefore, study and analyze all the associated payment terms/conditions before setting up your payment method.
Step 8: Start selling
When a customer places an order, it seamlessly synchronizes with your Shopify account and all the details can be viewed on the order page. More importantly, Shopify synchronizes any order from Amazon even though the related product is not listed on the Shopify, however, it will be marked as Amazon.
In case you prefer to fulfill your order through Shopify, then all the inventory information will get updated automatically.
Advantages of Shopify Amazon Integration
The seamless integration of Amazon and Shopify offers many advantages for the sellers. They are:
- Amazon is one of the largest online business platforms and is visited by millions of people every day. With it, there is a possibility that your product listings get more exposure and can build more online traffic.
- Facilitates the selling of your products on multiple sales channels and assists in expanding your market reach. Even if any of these platforms shut down their operations, then also your business will never suffer due to a significant drop in sales. Hence, by selling on many platforms, you will prepare yourself for the unseen future.
- You will be able to understand the present trends of the market and prospective customer behavior. Selling on multiple platforms gives you a clear idea about what kind of products are high-in-demand. Also, it helps you realize where you should direct all your branding and marketing strategies.
- Facilitates easier linking of your Shopify products with your Amazon product listings. Also, sync the descriptions and images of your products to your Amazon seller account.
- Currently, Amazon offers hundreds of products in more than 30 categories. So, you can easily import this wide product range into your Shopify and start selling them. Also, your customers will get an opportunity of comparing various features/prices
- Assist in setting up unique prices for your product listings on Amazon. Also, you can get benefited from Amazon’s affiliate marketing programs and promotional strategies.
- Amazon is widely known for its transparent business model. All your sales revenue will be directly deposited into your bank account within a period of 1 to 2 weeks once your product has been delivered to the customer.
Now, let’s try to understand some of the important aspects associated with this Shopify-Amazon integration.
Shopify Amazon payments integration
According to many market insights, payment methods play an important role in consumer buying behavior. Most of the online customers hesitate to provide banking details to multiple online platforms. They fear due to the risk of online hacking and abandon their shopping when asked.
The Shopify Amazon payments integration offers great assistance in this regard. With it, your customers can easily pay for their purchases on the Shopify through Amazon Pay. Also, they can quickly check out from the Shopify without manually entering any of their banking details. This seamless shopping experience attracts more customers to your business.
By enabling Amazon Pay and Login with Amazon in the “Payment Settings” in your Shopify, you can simplify your checkout process on your Shopify. Amazon will not only transfer all the crucial details related to a specific customer but also handle your payment securely. You are just required to sign up with Amazon to enable this functionality by agreeing to pay an extra payment processing fee.
To enable Amazon Pay, log in to your Shopify account as admin and navigate to “Payment Providers”. Then, go to the section “Amazon Pay” and click on the “Activate Amazon Pay” option. Follow the instructions and enable the feature in your Shopify.
Shopify Amazon integration app
This integration app facilitates the sync of crucial information between Amazon and Shopify. Apart from that, it also supports the sync of the product data with the cloud server and simplified data feed operations.
The Shopify Amazon integration app automatically updates your inventory and processes your sales orders. It also facilitates copying and further migrating the product listings from your Amazon to Shopify. By doing that, it increases your overall efficiency and also saves you valuable time.
Above and all, this Shopify Amazon integration app is freely available for downloading in the Shopify app store.
Shopify Amazon Australia integration
Amazon offers Amazon Prime Australia for its marketplace in Australia. It is very popular there due to its free/2-day delivery option and unlimited video streaming. You can easily encash this popularity and start selling your Shopify products on this platform.
With the help of Shopify Amazon Australia integration, you can quickly boost your sales on Amazon Prime Australia and earn more profits. For this, you required to
- Import your Shopify product listings to Amazon Australia
- Optimize your product listing by following the seller rules
- Deliver the orders within the scheduled time to the correct address
- Improve your seller ratings and increase your customer satisfaction
- Get paid for your sales within the settlement period
Shopify Amazon integration UK
Amazon Prime UK is widely popular among Europeans. Thousands of customers visit Amazon UK every day for shopping owing to its wide range of offerings, easy payment process, and 1-day delivery.
You can make use of Shopify Amazon integration UK to improve your customer base in the European continent. Import all your Shopify product listings on Amazon and give great exposure to your business. Then deliver the product at the scheduled time and increase your seller ratings. Also, get the payment of your sales orders at the earliest.
Shopify Amazon FBA integration
If you are subscribed to the Amazon FBA to deliver your Amazon orders, then you can use it for fulfilling your Shopify orders as well. It means all your Shopify orders will be automatically forwarded to the Amazon. Further, you do not require separate inventories for both platforms.
With this Shopify Amazon FBA integration, when you receive an order on Shopify you will only process the payment and notify the Amazon FAB for shipping the order. The Amazon FBA picks up the product from its warehouse and delivers it to the right customer in an Amazon box. However, you will be allowed to modify the packaging slip to a certain extent.
To make use of this service, you are required to pay a special MCF (Multi-Channel Fulfillment) fee. Usually, Shopify includes built-in Amazon Fulfillment integration. But, you can buy several optional features to improve your overall functionality.
Amazon FBA Shopify app
This app integrates Shopify with Amazon FBA. With it, you will be enabled to sell your products on your Shopify but ship the orders through the Amazon FBA. The app facilitates constant tracking of your inventories as well as quick updating of them.
The mapping feature of this app is highly commendable. When the SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) IDs are different on Shopify and Amazon, it assumes that the seller may be utilizing product bundles on Shopify and selling individual products on Amazon. Then, it quickly starts the mapping of product bundles on the Shopify to the individual product on the Amazon FBA.
Highly suitable for integrating with Amazon FBA and Amazon MCF, this Amazon FBA Shopify app offers many amazing features. For example,
- Mapping of bundle products
- Mapping between different SKUs
- Validification of Amazon credentials
- Partial tracking of order shipment
- Real-time synchronization of orders from Shopify to Amazon FBA
- Enabling/disabling of notification emails sent to your Shopify customers to confirm the shipment
The Shopify Amazon Integration offers many benefits for your business. With it, you will be enabled to manage your listings and sell products on both platforms at once without facing many difficulties. Make use of this integration, expand your business, and boost your sales.
If you need any kind of support kind of Shopify Amazon Integration and other in erp marketplace integration
Keep in touch with us +1-423-896-1025 or email email@example.com