EDI outsourcing services allow a company to overcome technical complexities at its supply chain management to overcome delayed service delivery. Shouldering over EDI implementation and integration to a third party EDI service provider, a company can fast pace its business operations with various trading partners.
The most prominent process specific benefit acclaimed by a company after hiring EDI outsourcing services are simplified business operations and proficiency of clients to engage into an EDI.
However, at the stages of considering over an EDI solution from a third party vendor, there are many important factors and stages along with costing. A service seeker should consider prior to signing an agreement about EDI outsourcing company’s capabilities, service options and consequences for exception handling, non-standard connection and transaction requirements and others. There is no short cut to choose an efficient and faster EDI solutions provider.
Overview of An EDI Services
When EDI is offered as a service instead of in-house team activity, it is known to be as EDI outsourcing or EDI managed services. The preview of EDI outsourcing company, the job and responsibilities like electronic data interchange (EDI) provisioning, implementation and management activities are delegated. It is a very appropriate choice for enterprises that lacks capabilities and resources to manage EDI and outsourcing EDI is an easier and simpler option for them to share their EDI responsibilities with others.
It offers an alternative to self-management for businesses that lack the resources or capability to manage EDI directly, or prefer to outsource EDI for other business reasons. However, when selecting an EDI agency there are many factors that are necessary for a supplier to choose a company for its EDI implementation.
Does EDI out sourcing best fits to your business requirements and Need?
Managed EDI suits to business and process of any business. Below are mentioned certain business conditions under which a trading partner should look at EDI outsourcing services as an Efficient and faster EDI solutions
• Project Urgency: In case when an organization is in hurry and has not enough time to implement in-house EDI, then managed EDI is best solution to integrate EDI as fast as possible.
• Strategic Importance of EDI: When a company is not looking for an extended control over supply chain management entities like transportation, 3PL, and other information-driven strategic stake across the EDI implementation then managed EDI is a better business choice there.
• Trading Partners in Associates List: In case of businesses having a several hundred of trading partners with the help of outsource EDI, managing them become competitively easier and simpler by EDI outsourcing services. It just not makes data sharing simplified and easier at the same time it improves supply-side and customer services as well.
• Ample Availability of Qualified IT Resource: Managed EDI aids a trading partner to overcome its scarcity of qualified IT team to manage its supply chain and order-to-cash cycle. With a third party EDI service providing agency, a supplier can gave an experienced IT team at its disposal to effectively manage its order-to-cash, PO, ASN, dispatch invoice and several other process related activities.
• Integration customization: Trading partners looking for the options for a minimum manual intervention into EDI processes shall look out for customized integration of EDI outsourcing services straight away into process specific applications and data. However, under this type of integration the managed EDI company can have access to a company’s IT infrastructure and data with the help of API driven apps or solutions.
• Capable of Handing Business Complexities: The faster and efficient EDI solutions may also have capability to handle the stringent service level conditions imposed by the bigger EDI trading partners. The layered protection safeguard them against chargebacks, vendor scorecard penalties, or other negative consequences otherwise for delayed or faulty transactions.
Technical Audit While Opting for an EDI Outsourcing Services
Along with process based activities, it is also necessary for a supplier to have an exact estimation of technical requirements based upon audit for costing as well IT infrastructure. The estimation of technical needs to choose a managed EDI should be based upon following factors.
• Number of Connections: Under this head total numbers of connections and their types for listed business partners are assumed and calculated.
• Transactions Mode: On the technical front, it is very necessary for an agency to rightly asses its transaction type including non-standard ones as proprietary XML, flat file or spreadsheet based document exchange.
• Integration Type: While sharing data between trading partners through EDI Solutions the last-mile integration, whether, that is on-premise, cloud based, point-to-point and any other, it is very necessary to assess before signing a contract with an EDI service provider.
• Processing Requirement: Assessment of infrastructure need for different transaction processing requirements.
• Reporting and Analytics: There should also be an analysis for different parameters required for monitoring of EDI service delivery and results in terms of ROI. Most of managed EDI are offered under multi-year contract. For such a long term association, a supplier must also consider its future business needs as well for:-
1. Rise in trading partner connection options in future
2. Additional transaction types
3. Transaction volume increase
Thus, it is evident in order to choose fast and efficient EDI outsourcing services, a business along with costing also weigh other important business factors including scalability, IT infrastructure, number of trading partners, automation, document standards and communication models.