Shopify has become a household name in the e-commerce industry and is the go-to option for standalone business owners who are looking for an easy but feature rich platform for launching their online store. However, if you are one of those who is looking for an online platform to open your store but are not aware of what Shopify is, do not fret at all.
We will take you through the details about this e-commerce platform and clear all your doubts regarding Shopify Development services. To understand it completely, let us first start with the below:
What is Shopify ?
Shopify is a hosted ‘SaaS’ which is software as a service e-commerce platform that facilitates launching of online stores. Shopify is ideal for small companies who have simple requirements and are looking to reach the market fast. Their need is basic without any fringes and customization. Shopify suits them perfectly as little or no tailoring is required and this eliminates the need for any technical assistance thus maintaining the budget.
Shopify With WebBee
- Brainstorm: Discuss with our strategist to help them refine your ideas and execute them into reality
- Collaborate: Engage with our creative team to position your brand online within the Shopify framework.
- Configure: Let our SEO team take the lead in configuring your digital content online
- Optimize: With our best in class development standards we make your site compatible with all devices and browsers
- Process: Our Project Manager will explain you the process in detail with all functionalities and configuration for shipping & payments.
- Launch within 4-6 weeks!
- Marketing Strategy: Our Digital Marketing experts will help you strategize to reach maximum customers and maximize sales to get great ROI
1. Can I use multiple languages if I use Shopify?
Though Shopify as a service provider does not Shopify focus on providing this functionality in the core of its product, yet for merchants looking to offer their store in multiple languages, there are currently two solutions; apps or multiple stores.
Use of apps is more common with merchants and the most popular one is Langify. With one store you can offer your customers to translate their storefront into multiple languages.
For businesses where further customization is required during the Shopify development process, we recommend you get in touch with WebBee staff to get internationalization feature to be built into the core of the software and supported in all features without compromise.
2. What is the fee for Shopify?
Shopify’s pricing structure is very transparent and to the point. Though it does vary a bit depending on the payment gateway you choose and the volume of your sales. There is a monthly fee which you need to pay for hosting your store online and a transaction fee for each sale you make through your store.
3. Can I use Shopify in the US?
Yes, very well. Shopify can be extensively used in the US market and caters to all types of businesses there. Shopify offers its services all over the world with lots of payment options for its diverse customers.
4. I have lots of products, is Shopify right for me?
Shopify is a feature rich platform and can handle many products at a time. One of the main features of Shopify services is the administration interface that allows for bulk management through spreadsheet import. However, it is important to note that your data structure must conform to the Shopify standard.
5. How customizable is Shopify?
Shopify offers a wide range of themes that could be an excellent starting point for new comers in the e-commerce industry. If you are a veteran and looking to migrate your current store to Shopify, you can get it customized by us. Our design team will work with you to explore the right theme, design, color, and typographic systems to perfectly align it with your brand and business values.
6. How long does it take to launch a site on Shopify?
Working with WebBee, we aim to finish our projects before the agreed timeline. Typically, we have you ready to launch your site within 4 and 6 weeks; but it also largely depends on the scale of your inventory and the completeness of your site content. All these factors determine the length of the project.
These factors are considered during the initial meetings and buffer time is also included in case of any new changes that come in during the project. Our team spends time in collaborating with you on Shopify development, design, content, SEO and planning your digital marketing strategy. If you do not have these in place, then your project may need longer to launch.
7. What factors can cause delays to launch?
There can be numerous factors that contribute towards the delay of a project. In our experience, content plays an important factor in website development. Without the right content, you may not be able to get the real feel of your site.
To launch your store on time, ensure that all the below points are taken care of before kicking off your Shopify project:
- Register your business and its name with the concerned department and open a bank account so that you can take payments online.
- Your product database should be in place with relevant descriptions, photos, and video (if required).
- Before engaging in discussions for Shopify Development, designs, and themes, have clarity on the depth of your content. This will enable the design team to offer you the most suitable solutions.
- Understand your plan for fulfillment/shipping of the products. For the hired team to provide your customers the best possible user experience, they need to understand the whole product purchasing and fulfillment workflow.
- Establish a relationship with your chosen logistics providers (e.g. DHL, FedEx) before selling your products so that there is no delay in shipping the items to the customers.
- Keep all your legal documentation and shipping/return policies in one place and they should be well defined.
With dozens of successfully completed e-commerce projects in our kitty, We at WebBee have experience in resolving each of the pain areas that our clients have and we can guide you through the Shopify Development process if you are in the early stages of your project.