Simply put, Shopify Pay is a method of accepting online payments on your Shopify enabled store directly in Shopify’s user dashboard. It doesn’t require any third party gateways and eliminates the hassle of setting up a merchant account for payments. It can be integrated with your online store with full functionality which helps you manage your finances in one place.
This service is available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Puerto Rico.
Benefits of Shopify Payments –
- Auto acceptance of all major cards as soon as you create your Shopify store.
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club debit and credit cards are accepted by business in the US.
- Businesses in other countries can accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express debit and credit cards.
- Card rates are based on your Shopify plan and can be changed whenever required.
- Tracking your pending pay-out balance and schedule is easy for the Shopify admin.
- All payments are synchronized with their orders simultaneously and it is easy to see how much you’ll be paid for.
- With chargeback responses compiled by Shopify for each affected order, chances of recovering lost sales from chargebacks increases.
- No additional transaction fee above the card rate is charged in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.
- There is no subscription transaction fee for using Shopify Payments. Only store owners with a third-party payment provider this fee in addition to any fees associated with their provider or merchant account provider’s credit card fees.
Now we come to the second part of the article which talks about how you can integrate your store with Shopify Payment? It is relatively easy to use Shopify Payments once integrated. Once you activate Shopify Payments from the Payments page in the settings, you can accept credit card payments on your store. While setting up, you would be requiring the following:
- Your Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Your banking information
- The average price of your orders
- The average shipping time of your orders
Based on the plan you have taken from Shopify, you will be charged for using Shopify Payments. The full list of pricing is also available on the Shopify site for you to check the details as per your plan.
There is no monthly fee, no hidden charges, or setup fees for Shopify Payments besides the credit card rate and the subscription fees. Also, no additional charges are levied if you accept American Express or international orders. All other subscription transaction fees are waived when you choose to use Shopify Payments. Shopify Payments credit card rate will change with the change in your plan.
You can set up the Shopify Payments for your store on all three platforms including your shopping app on iOS or Android as well as on the desktop version.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
- In the Accept credit cards section, click Add a provider
If you already have a provider, then click on change the provider and add Shopify Payments as your new provider.
- Select Shopify Payments and continue
- Go to Account Setup and click on complete it.
- Enter the details of your store and banking information which is required to complete the setup of your new Shopify Payments option.
- After you’ve set up Shopify Payments, Configure the settings and make a test transaction to validate the accuracy of the setup. This will make sure that your customers are ready to make payments through Shopify gateway.
Viola! You are ready to roll your finances with Shopify Payments for your store and save additional transaction fees.
If you have any further queries or requirements for integration of Shopify Payments for your store, you can always contact WebBee Global for integration services. Their development teams have apt resources and expertise to offer integration services for your store. Their services are seamless and business oriented.
While integrating Shopify Payments with your online store is very simple and easy, yet it requires in-depth knowledge of Shopify as well as e-commerce. The developer working on your site should be aware of the platform and should have experience in working on such requirements. At WebBee, development teams are well equipped with knowledge and experience to provide advanced services to their customers.
Save additional fees and grow your business with Shopify which is the most sought-after choice for online sellers these days. Being easy to use for everyone is its USP and help is just a click away. However, if your requirements are complex and you are not sure if you can do all by yourself, then you can always turn to WebBee for technical support, integration, and maintenance of your site. Find here complete Shopify Development Services, Shopify Theme Development, Shopify E-commerce Website Development by leading Shopify development company.
- Posted by Sunny
- On February 6, 2018
- 0 Comments