In this blog you find the complete Shopify App and Web development resources. Very Useful Resources For Shopify Developer and Shopify App Development company.
Besides being the most appropriate e-commerce platform for new as well as veteran users; Shopify also serves as a delight for the developers. With ever-evolving nature, there is always something new to be added and this makes it interesting for developers to work on it. This keeps the excitement on for the engineers with new merchant-need springing up, new APIs to test out, and tools to build with.
The possibilities with Shopify are numerous and so is the abundance of resources to guide you along your app building journey.
Whether you’re developing a Shopify app for the first time, or you have already mastered the art of app development, or whether you’re looking to grow your business, there are guides, articles, videos, and documents available to help you along the way.
We have compiled a list of resources to get you started with Shopify and the below list starts with the basics of building Shopify apps, programming language toolkits, and tutorials about launching your app. The list is organized in a way to take you from the start of your app building process, all the way to building your app business.
Shopify app building tutorials
Trusted Shopify experts share tutorials and webinars for those who are in the process of developing the Shopify App for the first time. Not only can first-timers benefit from it, but experienced developers will also gain some useful insights through this expert advice –
- Shopify Partner Session Webinar: How to Build Your First Shopify App
- Building a Public Shopify App
- How to Build a Shopify App in One Week
- Gavin Ballard – Mastering Shopify Apps
Getting started with APIs
It is a good practice to keep up with the new changes Whether you’re making your first API call, or you’re an API expert. The below links will help to get started with APIs –
- Building a Public Shopify Application
- Supported Libraries
- Shopify’s API Announcements Forum (you can subscribe by email)
- Shopify’s Status Page (includes a graph of the average API response time)
Development and testing
For successful App development, it’s imperative that you set up your API calls correctly and make sure that your webhooks are fully functional to be able to handle different traffic volumes. As much as development is important, testing is also important. Below are some recommended tools for testing.
- NGROK – Secure Tunneling
- Postman (a tool for sending HTTP requests to Shopify API endpoints)
- Hurl It (to send HTTP requests to Shopify API endpoints)
- Request Bin (to view webhooks)
- Making API calls with Paw
- Handling Shopify Webhooks Without a Server
Secure Sockets Layer commonly known as SSL is a requirement for all Shopify apps and therefore its encryption is a necessary step in this process.
Next, comes the hosting after you know what you want to build and how you want to build it. Here are some great options to choose from for hosting your Shopify App securely –
The face of your application is of utmost importance to give your users a great experience and recommend you to others. Even if you’re not an experienced designer or developer, there are plenty of stylesheets and frameworks to assist your build and spoil you with creative designs to choose from –
- UptownCSS – Frontend Framework for Shopify App Development
- Shopify Embedded App Frontend Framework
- Shopify’s Liquid Cheat Sheet
- Verify – app that helps you get feedback on your work
Submitting your app to the Shopify App Store
Shopify has its own App submission guidelines to guide the users on how to submit the applications for review and launched. Once your app is ready, go through the below link to know everything about how to prepare and submit the application for listing in the Shopify store.
Launching and marketing your Shopify app
Your work doesn’t end with submitting your app to Shopify and getting listed in the Shopify store. After you have finished building your app, tested it, and submitted it, it’s now time to launch it and attract users for your app. Browse through the following link to know about how to market your new app through the audience –
- Writing a Press Release for Your App Release
- Marketing Your Shopify App: The App Listing Page
- How to Get Your App Featured on the Shopify App Store
- Marketing Your Shopify App: Networking and Partnerships
- AdRoll (a tool that places retargeting pixels on your app store listing)
Customer service and analytics
Customers are an inseparable part of app development. Without the influx of customers, there is no use of the application. Retaining happy customers is a part of the whole process. And part of keeping up with happy users is having a strategy for merchant support, and tools that keep you proactive in understanding your audience and their pain points.
- How to enhance Your Shopify App’s Onboarding Flow
- Skype Phone Numbers
- Ways to Prepare for a Client’s Online Traffic increase
- Google Analytics (Can be used to view traffic sources to your app listing page)
Shopify updates and connecting with other developers
Congratulations! Now that you have arrived in the market with several happy merchants as your users, you would want to stay on updated with everything that will help you to improve your app. You may also be interested in resolving that app building bug and you’re ready to develop some more. The resources listed below will help you stay informed of all the Shopify updates, and connect with Shopify development community.
With all these links and resources to help you build an awesome application for Shopify and get as many users as possible, we could wish long-term success for you and your business. If you have any questions or doubts or get stuck with anything during your development and designing phase, experts at WebBee Global are there to help you. You can contact us for consultation and get the best advice for Shopify as well as e-commerce.
- Posted by Sunny
- On November 1, 2017
- 0 Comments